What do garage door shoppers want this year? Here are 4 trends for both new construction garage doors and replacement garage doors.
1. What Style? If you’re a baby boomer or your home is older than 20 years, you are more likely to pick a classic style. Building a new home? A younger home buyer? You’re looking at contemporary and modern styles. You like the clean straight lines and lean towards darker colors like brown and black. If you live in a rural area or like that style, you may be looking at a carriage house or ranch style garage door. If you haven’t shopped for a garage door in years, you’re going to be surprised at how stylish they’ve become!
2. Energy Efficiency Counts. The world has become more environmentally conscious; so have garage door manufacturers. You may not heat or cool your garage, but when you enter your home from the garage that hot summer air or cold winter air is coming inside with you. Now, you can find garage doors that offer excellent insulation value and efficient weather sealing to keep your garage more comfortable all year long – and to reduce the heat and cold that may be leaking into your home. Continue reading
If you need to store your car for 30 days or more, follow these 6 steps and you’ll return to a car that’s ready hit the road without any problems.
1. Change The Oil And Top Off The Gas Tank. It may sound counterintuitive to you – after all you’re storing it, not going on a road trip. But, experts say it’s what you should do if you’re storing your car for 30 days or more. Changing the oil is even recommended by Ford. Why? Because you don’t want the contaminates found in old oil to damage the engine while the car is just sitting. Ditto for the gas tank. A full tank will keep moisture from collecting in the fuel tank and the seals from drying out. It’s also a good idea to add a fuel stabilizer. Do these two things and you get a bonus – the car is road-ready when you return.
2. Pull It Into The Garage. Sure, you could buy a cover and park it in the shade, but your garage is the ideal place for the car. After all, it was built to protect your car. Clean out some of the accumulated things you’re “storing” in the garage and make room. Now, with a full tank and fresh oil, park it in the garage and keep it safe. Continue reading
Who are you? What are the things that you really love? If the garage is your own special territory, here are 5 ways that you can make the garage all yours.
1. You’re a Tool Guy! You gotta have this. You can find a super-strong magnetized panel – in gleaming steel, of course. It’s strong enough to hold your planes and planners. It shows off your tools while it keeps them in view and handy! Want to have some fun? Paint a bullseye on the panel. When a do-it-yourself project is going wrong, toss a bolt it’s way. Maybe you can at least score in the center circle.
2. You wouldn’t Miss a Game. So, how can you work in your garage if you don’t have a television. We’re talking a guy’s television here — a big, flat screenand and one that connects to your wireless so you can stream your games when necessary. There are even televisions that you can control with your voice so you don’t have to put down your tools when you want to change the channel.
3. You Love to Win. You can go with the old standards like a pool table or a dart board or a ping pong table. Or, you can bring it on. Check the Internet and you’ll find all your old favorites. Imagine challenging your best bud from high school to a game of NBA Jam on a refurbished arcade game. What about Pac Man or Defender? Save up your pennies – the games will probably run $1,000+ and then start the search for your favorite.
4. Turn on the Sounds. You need to groove while you finish that woodworking project. That means you need good speakers. Pack all your favorites on your phone or IPod and plug it into those speakers. Country or rock and roll – the choice is yours – but make sure you invest in great speakers so your tunes come in loud and clear.
5. A Cold One. When the work gets tough, you need to bust the stress with a frosty mug. Invest in one of those keg refrigerators and put your favorite beer on tap. Some will store two different small (sixth-sized) kegs so you can have a light and a pilsner or whatever combination you choose.
When you put your favorite things in your garage, you want to make sure that they’re safe. Make sure you add a yearly garage door inspection to your list of annual must-do’s. An inspection by a licensed garage door maintenance company will mean that you know the garage door is safe (no flying broken springs) and is going to operate smoothly – and keep your stuff and the family safe!
You want your garage to be safe for your family, your stuff and your car. Here are 5 things you can do to make the garage work for everything and everyone.
1. Think Horizontal. If you’ve got your garden tools hanging on the wall in a vertical position, you know how easy it is to knock them down. Instead of hanging that rake or that shovel and hoping that if the kids knock them over they miss the car, put up three brackets – one for the top of the handle, one for the middle and one for the end. Now, put your tools in horizontally and reduce the risk of falling. Continue reading
Your garage is probably one of the first things someone sees when they visit your home or drive by. An old, worn-out, ugly garage door doesn’t make a good first impression. So, you’re going to do something about it. Before you go garage door shopping, give some thought to what you want. Here are 5 things to consider.
1. Style. Many homes are equipped with a “standard” garage door. It rolls up on tracks and is just a big door – maybe with windows. Garage doors have style! From raised panels on traditional doors to give them a more fashionable look to carriage-style doors that enhance both vintage and territorial style homes, you have choices. Modern designs are amazing. Decide what style is best for the style of your home. If your old garage didn’t have windows, they’re a great addition – just make sure they are frosted so they don’t give a clear view of the interior. Continue reading
The garage door may be the biggest thing at the front of your home. If it looks bad, your house isn’t looking its best. Here are 5 ways to improve the looks of your garage – and the looks of your home.
1. Paint! It’s the simple fix. You find a color that compliments your home. You can match your front door. You can go for a pop of color (be careful with that one – you don’t want to overwhelm your home). You can be low-key with a quiet color. Choose carefully because when you paint your garage door, you are upgrading the curb appeal of your home. Continue reading
Have you ever imagined what it would be like if your garage door simply fell or if your child tried to duck under the closing door and didn’t quite make it through? Garage door accidents injure an estimated 30,000 people each year. Between 1974 and 1995, 85 children suffered permanent brain injuries or death. Here are 5 ways to make sure your garage door is safe.
A garage door can be seen by everyone in the neighborhood. It can add to the overall look of your home, or it can take away from it. That is why you have several things to consider before you search Garage Door Replacement Phoenix for a company to help you out. If you just pick the first garage door you find, you may find that it is not exactly what you were looking for. So instead take time to consider what you are truly looking for before you buy a new garage door. Continue reading
No one has ever said that garage doors are the easiest mechanical item in your home. The smallest issue can become a big problem if you do not take care of it as soon as possible. This can be a problem especially since we usually store a lot of things in our garage. If the door is broken then we are at risk for theft and issues with insects. The easiest way to take away all issues is to look up garage door replacement Phoenix, and find a company that works best for you. However sometimes the problem is not that severe and you can get away with a minor repair. Either way you need to know what the most common garage door issues are just so you can be prepared. Continue reading
Curb appeal is something that just about every homeowner considers before they do anything to the outside of their home. That way if they ever choose to sell, their house is more likely to sell quickly. Your garage door is an important part of your homes curb appeal. The garage door is something that everyone can see when they drive by. If you really consider it, you know that how your home presents itself is important no matter what you try and tell yourself. That is why you need to consider several things before you put in a new garage door. Then you can search garage door service Phoenix and find a company to help you install your new door. Continue reading